History of the Amersham Area

2 – 8 Church St (W)

2-4 Church Street

6-8 Church Street

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nos. 2 to 4 were part of Lot 24 (Stevens the Butcher in the High Street, now Market Walk) in the 1928 sale by the Tyrwhitt-Drake estate.  They were then pig slaughter-houses and sties plus stabling and a cart shed.  They were converted into houses in the mid 1970s.