152-160 High St
These terraced houses were built in 1892 by the Tyrrwhitt-Drake family for the workers on the Shardeloes estate and are known as Holmwood Terrace, although they have now been renumbered as part of the High Street. One has has since been divided (160 & 160A) and one added to the end of the terrrace in the 1970s.
When one of the existing owners arrived in 1956, the professions of the inhabitants were bricklayer, gardener, bus worker, carpenter, estate foreman. (See an article by someone who was alive when the Tyrwhitt-Drake family still owned these houses.)